Development of preservice teachers
Development of teacher leadership among early childhood educators
Publications (journal articles, books, book chapters)*
1. Rackley, R. & Viruru, R. (2015) Technology Integration: why integrate technology? In Y. Li and J. Hammer (Eds.), Teaching at Work. Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Sense.
2. Rackley, R. & Viruru, R. (2014). Teaching technology through technology. EdTechnology ideas, 1(4). www.edtechnologyideas.com
3. Sokolowski A., & Rackley, R. (2012) Engaging Math Students in Scientific Discovery- Reflections of an Experiment. In B. Boufoy-Bastick (ed.) The International Handbook of Cultures of Teacher Education: Comparative International Issues in Curriculum and Pedagogy. Strasburg, France: Analytics
4. Hao, H., Rackley, R. Li, Y. (2012) Fostering Children's Mathematical Thinking in a Reform-Oriented Kindergarten Classroom in Shanghai. Far East Journal of Mathematical Education, 8(1), 51-83
5. Rackley, R. (2009, September). The Role of the Clinical Professor. Graduate Teaching Academy, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
6. Rackely, R. (2007). Instructors Resource Manual for Educational Psychology 10th Ed. Active Learning Edition. Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
7. Knight, S.L., & Rackley, R. (2003). Understanding human development. In C. Henry and J. Nath, 2nd Ed. (eds.), Becoming an EC-4 teacher in Texas (pp. 3-20). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth. ISBN: 0534603009 *
* Publication was joint-authored with students
College of Education and Human Development Grants and Contracts (Former)
High Impact Learning Experience Grant. (Co-PI)
TAMU College of Education & Human Development - TLAC (State)
2015/06/01 - 2016/12/31
Total Funding: 0.
Improving Teacher Preparation. (Co-PI)
University of Texas HSC at Houston - TEA (State)
2015/03/09 - 2015/08/31
Total Funding: 43,400.
College of Education and Human Development Grants and ContractsNo current grants/contracts
Show Completed Grants/Contracts
Former Doctoral Students
Matthew Keil (Spring, 2014), Ed.D.
Debra Phillips (Fall, 2014), Ed.D.
Sarah Lynne Davis (, 2015), Ed.D.
Lisa Ann Ashmeade (Fall, 2016), Ed.D.
(2009). Student Lead Award. SLATE Award for Teaching Excellence