Vocabulary development within the field of bilingual education
Publications (journal articles, books, book chapters)*
1. *Yang, P., *Tong, F., Irby, B., Lara-Alecio, R., Ramos, N., & *Walichowski, M. (2016, in press). The effect of storytelling and retelling on oral performance of elementary students in English as a foreign language (EFL) program: An exploratory study in Mainland China and Taiwan. Asian Journal of Education and Training. * (In Press)
2. Walichowski, M. (2016, January/February) (print& web). Elegant motherhood explained: Are the words motherhood and elegance compatible? Society Diaries, p. 56-57
3. Pollard-Durodola, S. D., Gonzalez, J. E., Simmons, D. C., Simmons, L., & Nava-Walichowski, M. (2011). Using knowledge networks to develop preschoolers' content vocabulary. The Reading Teacher. 65, (4), 259-269
4. Walichowski, M. (2010). Texas A&M Bilingual Programs' Undergraduate Handbook (Revised), College Station: Texas A& M University
5. Walichowski, M., Mahadevan, L., Peterson, R. L. & George, S. (2010). Working with English Language Learners- Best Practices for CTE and Secondary Teachers.
* Publication was joint-authored with students
College of Education and Human Development Grants and Contracts (Current)
Catapult Round 3 - Instructional Coaching & Leadership Endorsement Program (Funded amount $25,000). (PI)
TAMU College of Education & Human Development (State)
2016/12/01 - 2018/05/31
Total Funding: 0.
College of Education and Human Development Grants and Contracts (Former)
2012-2013/2013-2014 Online Bilingual Education and ESL Certification Preparation Course Trainings. (Co-I)
2012/07/10 - 2015/06/30
Total Funding: 550,000.