History of Secondary Education
Needs of Special Populations
Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification
Secondary Science Education
Secondary Teacher Education
Publications (journal articles, books, book chapters)*
1. Weber, N. D., Waxman, H. C., Brown, D. B., & Kelly, L. J. (2016). Classroom instruction differences between first-year teaching interns and experienced classroom teachers. Teacher Education Quarterly, 43(1), 91-106.
2. Moore, B. L., LeCompte, K. N., and L. J. Kelly. (2012)."Challenge and conflict to educate," American Educational History Journal, 39: 483-501 *
3. Liew, J., Chang, Y. Kelly, L., and Yalvac, B. (2010). Self-regulated and social emotional learning in the multitasking generation. In Sahhuseyinoglu, D. and Dzintra, I. (Eds.), How Do Children Learn Best? (pp. 62-70). Ankara: Children's Research Center *
4. Kelly, Larry J., & Huie, Allison M. (2009) From Laddie Pencils and Big Chief Tablets to Blogs and Wikiâs. Journal of Curriculum History, 11-18 *
5. Kelly, L.J., and LeCompte, K. (2003) The early development of science and mathematics standards in Texas. American Educational History Journal, 30(1), 107-113.
6. Kelly, Larry J., LeCompte, Karon, and O.L. Davis Jr. (2000). Seeking standards: Mathematics and science curricula for early 20th century Texas high schools. Curriculum History.
* Publication was joint-authored with students
College of Education and Human Development Grants and Contracts (Former)
Rita Haynes' Clinical Fellow. (PI)
Texas A&M Foundation (Private)
2013/09/01 - 2016/08/31
Total Funding: 13,500.
Design & Pilot of Framework & Tools for CCRS/Texas Educator Preparation Demonstration Sites. (Co-PI)
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (State)
2009/08/21 - 2014/08/31
Total Funding: 924,737.
B1-Teach: Alternative Certification Program Model. (PI)
US Department of Education (Federal)
2003/10/01 - 2007/09/30
Total Funding: 78,650.
College of Education and Human Development Grants and ContractsNo current grants/contracts
Show Completed Grants/Contracts
Former Doctoral Students
Allison Huie (Summer, 2011), Ph.D.
Suzanne Johnston (Spring, 2013), Ed.D.
April Dyke (Summer, 2013), Ed.D.
Feyi Obamehinti (Spring, 2014), Ed.D.
Co-Editor (2013 - ). Curriculum History
Editorial Board Member (2003 - 2004). American Educational History Journal