Publications (journal articles, books, book chapters)*
1. McLeroy, K., Wilson, K., Farmer, J. & Garney, W.R. (2016). Replication Typology and Guidelines for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Initiatives. American Journal of Public Health, 106(S1): S17-S18. DOI: 10.2105/AJPH.2016.303354
2. McLeroy, K., Garney, W.R., Mayo-Wilson, E., & Grant, S. (2016). Scientific Reporting: Raising the Standards. Health Education & Behavior, 43(5), 501-508. DOI: 10.1177/1090198116668522
3. Garney, W.R., McCord, C., Alaniz, A. & McLeroy, K. (2016). Using an Interactive Systems Model To Expand Telehealth Innovations and Deliver Mental Health Services to Underserved Communities. Scientitifia, 2016. DOI :10.1155/2016/4818053
4. Chang, J., Sequeira, A., & McCord, C. E. & Garney, W.R. (2016). Videoconference grief group counseling in rural Texas: Preliminary findings and lessons learned. The Journal for Specialists in Group Work, 41(2) 140-160. DOI: 10.1080/01933922.2016.1146376
* Publication was joint-authored with students
College of Education and Human Development Grants and Contracts (Current)
Million Hearts Collaboration. (PI)
American Heart Association-Texas - DHHS-Centers for Disease Control (Federal)
2016/10/15 - 2020/08/31
Total Funding: 37,000.
National Implementation and Dissemination for Chronic Disease Prevention. (PI)
American Heart Association - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Federal)
2016/09/30 - 2019/11/30
Total Funding: 408,247.
Healthy Texas Babies Coalition Evaluation. (PI)
Texas A&M University Health Science Center-Texas Department of State Health Services (State)
2016/09/01 - 2017/08/31
Total Funding: 20,141.
Department of State Health Services Tobacco Quit Line Evaluation and Outreach Assistance. (PI)
Texas Department of State Health Services (State)
2015/08/01 - 2017/07/31
Total Funding: 181,629.
Integrating Teen Pregnancy Prevention Innovative Practices (iTIP). (Co-PI)
Texas A&M University Health Science Center - Department of Health and Human Services (Federal)
2015/07/01 - 2020/06/30
Total Funding: 1,188,599.