Michael Beyerlein is a Professor in the Human Resource Development Graduate Program at Texas A&M University. Formerly, he was professor and department head of Organizational Leadership & Supervision at Purdue and prior to that Founding Director of the Center for Collaborative Organizations and Professor of Industrial/Organizational Psychology at the University of North Texas. His books, book chapters, and articles usually address the topics of teams and collaboration, creativity and innovation, knowledge management, and intangible capital. His research interests include: team creativity, emergence of virtual organizations, and innovation science. His most recent edited book is The handbook for high performance virtual teams (2008) with Jill Nemiro and others.
Publications (journal articles, books, book chapters)*
1. Beyerlein, M., Collins, R., *Jeong, S., *Phillps, C., Sunalai, S., & *Xie, Lei. (in press) Knowledge sharing and human resource development in innovative organizations. In M. Mohiuddin (Ed.), Knowledge Management. Rijeka, Croatia: InTech Press. * (In Press)
2. Beyerlein, M., Jones, T., & Peck-Parrott, K. (in press). Redesigning an Undergraduate HRD Program with Stakeholder Guidance. Advances in Developing Human Resources (In Press)
3. *Han, S. J., *Jeong S. H., & Beyerlein, M. (in press). Virtual team leader development. In Dirani, K. M., Nafukho, F. & Irby, B. (Ed.), Global issues and talent development. Information Age Publications. (In Press)
4. *Han, S. J., *Liau-Hing, C., & Beyerlein, M. (2016). Facilitating Multicultural Student Team Engagement in Higher Education: A Model for Digital Learning Environments. Handbook of Research on Transformative Digital Content and Learning Technologies, 184-202.
5. *Han, S. J. & Beyerlein, M. (2016). Framing the Effects of Multinational Cultural Diversity on Virtual Team Processes. Small Group Research, 47, 351-383
6. Sunalai, S. & Beyerlein, M., (2015). Exploring knowledge management in higher education institutions: Processes, influences, and outcomes. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, 19, 289-308
7. Beyerlein, M., Prasad, A., Cordas, J., & Shah, P. (2015).Virtuality in project teamwork. Invited Chapter in F. Chiocchio, E. K. Kelloway, & B. Hobbs (Eds.), The psychology and management of project teams: An interdisciplinary view. New York: Oxford University Press.
8. Arnatt, M. J., & Beyerlein, M. M. (2014). A Quantitative Examination of Special Operations Team Leaders and Members. Policing: an International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, 37(2), 438-453.
9. Beyerlein, M. (2014). How Entrepreneurs Do What They Do: Case Studies in Knowledge Intensive Entrepreneurship edited by Maureen McKelvey and Astrid Heidemann Lassen. Science and Public Policy, 41(2), 263-265.
* Publication was joint-authored with students
College of Education and Human Development Grants and Contracts (Current)
Catapult Round 2 - What Does Learning Look Like? A Micro-level Analysis of Student Team Interaction during STEM Project Work (Funded amount $30,000). (PI)
TAMU College of Education & Human Development (State)
2016/05/01 - 2017/05/31
Total Funding: 0.
Former Doctoral Students
Junhee Kim (Fall, 2015), Ph.D.
Suravee Sunalai (Fall, 2015), Ph.D.
Editorial Board Member (2014 - ). Group and Organization Management
(2015). 2015 Mentoring Achievement Award in EAHR departmen. Chair